Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Challenges and Opportunities

There are at least two times when homeschooling becomes a seemingly monumental challenge: when a new baby arrives and when you move. God help the family who does both simultaneously, homeschooling or not. Well, there are opportunities to learn and grow amidst the challenges. The older siblings have the opportunity to serve. So do the younger ones. The preoccupation of the adults is palpable. Prayers are often short and breathless. Tempers flair. Love and affection save the day.

After weeks of utter craziness, we are getting back to routine. We went to our new library today and, while the kids were grumpy, I was in heaven. The librarian was enthusiastic and did something that I do. She addressed my son and daughter as separate persons, as if I were not there. It really is the littlest things that matter most.

We are using our workbooks alot right now for math and phonics. JB and J are reading a good amount and lots and lots of narrating.

I am going to finish watching a World War II movie with my hubby and son -- "The Great Escape".

No comments:

Post a Comment