Friday, February 6, 2009

The good, the bad and the surprising...

I think I'm coming down with something, so this is sketchy...I can fill in later; here goes:

the good
Our little man J read his first book from cover to cover...it was just like when HRM got up, after having no steps, and walked clear across our family room...so good, so very very very good...lots of drawing this week and read Pauline saints, playdate/lunchdate with Rach and A, studied St. Paul, and other praying, talking, playing, reading and writing and math skills...snowflake science and TWC, went to B and N and JB bought Hotel for Dogs and Ginger Pye and learned about acid-staining of concrete floors and applying for mortgages and what is insurance. Dad worked from home today, Friday, and it was a family vacation day with lots of rest, t.v., eating at home and Wii games...we are on a roll with hot, buttery cinnamon toast every morn...we are listening to Bach's Goldberg Variations while cooking and doing housework

the bad
I had to go out three evenings this week, to super good events, but, what with my flaky immune system, I feel worn out, achy, migrainous (not sure if that is an adjective) and, frankly, mad mad mad 'cause it sure would be nice to go at a normal pace and not flake out

the surprising
...is related to the good -- did I say that our little man read his first book, cover to cover; we are so happy for him and he is so happy too...and, I was surprised that everyone really liked the poem I read them, T.S. Eliot's The Winter Evening Settles Down...we talked about WWI, Eliot and The Wasteland

No comments:

Post a Comment