Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It is slam-o-rama time around here....

The past week or so has been a bit crazy around here as we are giving birth to our new house. The kids are learning and growing and JB is being a big help working on the whiteboard with her brother in math and spelling. HRM is doing lots w/K12, cooking and reading and working on her part in the upcoming TORCH play (as is JB who is in the other play). J is still reading Spongebob books and plenty of other literature. We are reading alot and doing oral narrations on what we are reading and watching and listening too.

I think the Books of Centuries will have to wait until after the move, but we shall see. Miller's 8th bday is the 20th!

I posted this on my other blog last week. I have a book list that I will post of books I have checked out of the library and from our personal library on Daniel Boone and American frontier life. This year we have studied the life of George Washington and St. Isaac Jogues. We are now on to Daniel Boone -- coonskin cap and all-- and his strong wife, Rebecca Boone. This is very sketchy but will have to do for now.

When life throws a few extra wrenches at you, homeschooling is such a source of enjoyment. It is my sanity amongst the craziness of many things going on right now, only including packing, applying for a mortgage, inspections, pondering and working on the myriad improvements needed in the old house. And, also including a bit of a meltdown in my spiritual life....well, enough of that -- we are blessed and I know it and am so very grateful and know in my heart that our Lord can make straight any crooked path.

No comments:

Post a Comment