Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Going great guns....

Last Thursday to Today and into the weekend....
Last Thursday and Friday afternoons we invited other hschool moms and kids over for play and art and tea and food and lots of good discussion. I received good recommendations for reading, as well as, books on CD to listen to...this is something I do not do, nor do the kids (listening to books on tape/CD) and we need to do it! JB is still spending lots of time on canine research, and she has a new blog entitled, "Cat Scratch, Dog Bark". J is still in to WWII. He made his 1st Reconciliation Monday night and said, "It was fun!" Well, if that boy is not a sanguine, I'll eat my foot! (...my grandmother used to always refer to her foot -- I loved it...)

HRM could write a book on the MAC makeup company; I see a creative writing project brewing. HRM cooked dinner for the family Monday nite. Lots of talk about the Inauguration. Lots of talk about a couple of good movies we saw this week. We are learning an amazing number of things, both general and detailed, in getting to the final phase of contruction on the house we are building in Forsyth County. We are very immersed in Guns for General Washington and this book is prompting an integrated study in itself -- math, history, geography, spelling...I love it when we are so in to a book that we can hardly put it down. Hopefully, we will finish it in the morning before friends pick up JB to go to the March for Life downtown.

Challenge today was such a gift, as was having lunch with our friends beforehand, and getting to see our other friends' new puppy, little cookie "crumb". I am too tired to journal all the skills, activities and seized learning moments like I'd like to....I can say that if we accept the definition of "to educate" as "to nurture, to grow," well, then I have the privilege to participate in the education of three bright, giving, loving young people --- Alleluia!

Dad's parents will arrive from Kentucky tomorrow and, along with both girls going to the March for Life, we have our 1st TORCH coop the next day and a family party in the evening over at Dad's cousin's house, along with her sister, husband and two little ones. JB wants to get up Saturday and go over to PetSmart to look at all the dogs and puppies up for adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment